The University of Washington is among top universities ranked across America so it is unsurprising that arts and sciences and University of Chicago graduate programmes are very competitive. Famous for it’s bizarre essay prompts like: “how are oranges and apples supposed to be compared?” you can be sure that the university’s diversity will lead to a variety of University of Chicago essay prompts. The college’s great reputation can easily make writing your University of Chicago application essay a really daunting prospect, particularly with competition with thousands of other applicants who also know how to write an application essay and a lower acceptance rate to worry about.
Fortunately, our team of professional writers are on hand with knowledge of University of Chicago enrollment and five divisions, student organizations, traditions, and an understanding of arts and sciences to help you. For more information on University of Chicago application essay questions have a look at the University’s website.
Application Samples for University of Chicago Essay Prompts
We have compiled a list of University of Chicago essay prompts to give you an idea of how to prepare for the admissions prompts ready for your year of applications. This, along with the dates and deadlines on the Chicago University website should help you get prepared for writing your own admissions essay. The prompts for most universities are along the same lines so even the University of Massachusetts admission requirements, for example, can be useful to look at.
- Alice falls down the rabbit hole. Milo drives through the tollbooth. Dorothy is swept up in the tornado. Neo takes the red pill. Don’t tell us about another world you’ve imagined, heard about, or created. Rather, tell us about its portal. Sure, some people think of the University of Chicago as a portal to their future, but please choose another portal to write about.
So famous for bizarre University of Chicago application questions, prompts like this one have almost become tradition. Creativity is at the heart of these questions so think outside the box to beat the acceptance rate of Chicago university.
- Vestigiality refers to genetically determined structures or attributes that have apparently lost most or all of their ancestral function, but have been retained during the process of evolution. In humans, for instance, the appendix is thought to be a vestigial structure. Describe something vestigial (real or imagined) and provide an explanation for its existence.
This could be a chance to show of some obscure knowledge you have about organs we don’t use or it’s a chance to bring a bizarre piece of your imagination to life. Ridiculous or so plausible you might actually consider Googling it this prompt is another to challenge your creative side.
- In French, there is no difference between “conscience” and “consciousness.” In Japanese, there is a word that specifically refers to the splittable wooden chopsticks you get at restaurants. The German word “fremdschämen” encapsulates the feeling you get when you’re embarrassed on behalf of someone else. All of these require explanation in order to properly communicate their meaning, and are, to varying degrees, untranslatable. Choose a word, tell us what it means, and then explain why it cannot (or should not) be translated from its original language.
This prompt could produce some hilarious results but don’t be tempted to get too rude. While these University of Chicago essay prompts are designed to make you think and be creative they are still for an application to university so a level of professionalism should be maintained!
Why Our Services?
We offer a range of exciting services to help you with how to write an University of Chicago application essay. Our help with essays will set you on track to getting into the college of your dreams.
- We tailor our writing to your specific requirements, focusing on your strengths, even for students with no experience.
- Our writers offer free revisions until you are satisfied with your essays.
- We have competitive prices with offers available on your first order and on larger orders.
- Our admission essay writers are very experienced, most of them with degrees and higher education. Their understanding of topics to avoid and useful resources will mean you can be sure your application essay will be high quality!
- We provide 100% original work so you can be sure you will stand out from the crowd.
- Full refunds are offered if you aren’t completely satisfied with your statement or if deadlines are not met.
- You will get 24/7 customer support so you never have to worry that you can’t get help when you need it.
- Our rates are incredibly competitive so you can be sure you won’t have to pay out of the nose for our services.